How does one create an ambiance, a mood, a feeling? In this class, our subject of observation will be performing arts’ objects and artifacts. Beginning with a simple demonstration to get you started, you will choose one or a few elements of the still life composition to focus on. As you dive in the process, you will learn to construct your painting by depicting masses and structuring your work with a greater observation of lights and shadows. As we go along, you will learn to manage colors on your palette and shade efficiently to create an atmosphere. At the end of our session, you will have achieved a few studies and one still life painting that we hope will encourage you to pursue learning and developing your skills in this field.
This workshop takes place in our studio in Paris 19th arrondissement, open to and suitable for every skill level, including beginners. The number of participants is limited to 5. All art materials are provided, except for an A2 folder and/or tube you will want to have to take your work home with you.
By the end of the session you will have:
• Learned strategies to master the “fear of failure”
• Gained insight in composition
• Gained insight in depicting shapes, volumes, structures, light and shadow
• Honed your observation skills
• Guidance by an expert on how to further develop your creativity, depending on skill level and artist’s path.