Learn painting the human figure, its “grammar” in shape and structure.
We will focus on representing the Houdon Ecorché, a stucco replica of the famous human anatomy model sculpted by Jean-Antoine Houdon. We will begin with a simple demonstration to get you started. As we go deeper in depicting the subject, you will learn how to construct your representation of the human body, building from its structure, painting masses and shaping forms as you see them. At the end of our session, you will have achieved a few studies and one painting of the Houdon that we hope will encourage you to pursue learning and developing your skills in this field.
This workshop takes place in our studio in Paris 19th arrondissement, open to and suitable for every skill level, including beginners. Number of participants is limited to 5. All art materials are provided, except for an A2 folder and/or tube you will want to have to take your work home with you.
By the end of the session you will have:
• Learned strategies to master the “fear of failure”
• Gained insight in composition
• Gained insight in depicting shapes, volumes, structures, light and shadow
• Honed your observation skills
• Guidance by an expert on how to further develop your creativity, depending on skill level and artist’s path.